Community Outreach Manager
SmartPower Southern California
Are you hungry to work with some of the best minds in clean energy and energy efficiency? Are you motivated by the opportunity to organize your community and volunteers to build something from the ground up? Are you intellectually curious and determined to succeed? Do you want to work on inspired, important ideas and help us build the most innovative, enjoyable environment in which to work? Are you excited to break the old rules of what it means to be a
Community Organizer? Can you inspire others to take actions? Do you want to create measurable results to make Southern California a leader in residential solar energy and in energy efficiency?
Then we want to talk to you!
SmartPower, the national award winning non-profit organization dedicated to promoting clean energy and energy efficiency, is seeking a mature, poised, confidant and strong on-the-ground Community Outreach Manager to work in Southern California. The Community Outreach Manager shares a passion for solar power and energy efficiency and will implement a unique on-the-ground community outreach campaign focused around residential solar energy and energy efficiency.
The Community Outreach Manager must have a strong marketing background, have a passion for clean energy and energy efficiency and should understand and be proficient in a variety of sales and marketing techniques. In addition:
- You know Southern California, its communities and neighborhoods and are comfortable working face-to-face with people, organizations, institutions, business and community leaders and volunteers;
- You possess a strong understanding of and regularly use social media in all its iterations;
- You know how to write – including compelling op/eds, letters to the editor, press releases, Tweets, memos, etc.;
- You are connected to the community, and have strong relationships with community leaders, organizations and businesses including deep knowledge of the local landscape of events, meeting locations, and outreach opportunities;
- You have a track record of implementing on-the-ground outreach efforts that work through local community groups, non-profits, organizations and institutions;
- You are a leader and can represent SmartPower and our campaigns by public speaking, one-on-one meetings, and with the local media;
- You can organize and inspire teams of volunteers to rally to a cause and to motivate them to work under your instruction and direction.
Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to, meeting with municipal, and other community leaders to motivate them to actively participate in this exciting residential solar energy and energy efficiency campaign. The Community Outreach Manager will advance program activities with local organizations, volunteers, local businesses and others in order to identify opportunities and execute on-the-ground outreach partnerships.
Examples include: hosting workshops, organizing volunteers to table at events to sign up participants, arranging open houses, and using newsletters, news stories, and social media to increase community-wide adoption of solar and energy efficiency. The Community Outreach Manager will lead, coordinate and execute these activities in conjunction with local volunteers, “champions”, and others. The Community Outreach Manager will be a skilled collaborator; encouraging joint outreach opportunities, while driving the activities that result in delivering stated performance goals for our client. There will also be important data collection, tracking and reporting responsibilities. The Community Outreach Manager will work under the direction of SmartPower’s Washington, DC-based Program Manager.
Do these things makes you tick?
- You have a passion for persuasion and “making it happen”;
- You have excellent communication skills, with the confidence to speak publicly in front of groups or one-on-one at all levels of an organization;
- You’re a “people person” who thrives on meeting and helping people and embrace “cause marketing;”
- You possess a “sales” mentality, and routinely meet or exceed your goals;
- You are comfortable talking about money, including selling solar and energy efficiency upgrades and discussing available financing options;
- You’re a self-starter, who instinctively and consistently creates personal and professional stretch goals and meets them;
- You are fearless about doing whatever it takes to get the job done – no task is too small or too large. You are able to spend 40+ hours a week on the campaign and work in the evenings and/or weekends if needed;
- You know how to motivate teams of volunteers and keep them engaged and active;
- You have a dynamic personality and a good sense of humor. You work well as a team and when you commit to something, you’re “all in”.
Do you have these skills?
- You are detail-oriented with superb organizational skills and strong follow-through. You are experienced with data collection, tracking and reporting on project results;
- You are comfortable with and know how to use technology in all forms. Social media and on-line communications are not challenges for you;
- You can write for the right audience using the right tone and message.
Do you have these minimum qualifications?
- You live in Southern California and you are familiar with the region, the state and the communities, and have a network of contacts to leverage for the project;
- You have a valid driver’s license, own and drive a car. You can travel as needed including being available for early breakfast meetings, evening meetings and weekend events;
- You present yourself in a professional manner at all times;
- You are successful at working out of your home and are highly productive in a virtual office environment;
- You are skilled at collaborating, asking for and providing feedback, and building relationships with a team of co-workers while in a virtual environment.
The ideal candidate is someone with 3-5 years work experience in marketing, community outreach, political campaigns, the Peace Corps or the environmental/energy/solar industry. This position is full-time. We offer a base salary, benefits, and bonuses based on performance. SmartPower is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications welcome until position is filled. Review of resumes will begin immediately. Please address a cover letter and resume to Toni Bouchard, Chief Operating Officer at email@example.com.